The size of your cake will be determined by the number of guests you wish to serve, and what size portions you intend on serving. If you are already having dessert as part of your menu, finger or coffee size portions will be sufficient.
Please refer to the table to help you determine which size cake you’ll need.
1 tiered cake (20 co1ffee serves) – From $160
1 tiered cake (30 coffee serves) – From $190
1 tiered cake (40 coffee serves) – From $230
2 tiered cake (60 coffee serves) – From $250
Novelty and Sculpted cakes – From $250
Cupcakes (Minimum Order 12)
Standard Cupcakes = $40
- A Choice of 12 Vanilla or Chocolate flavoured cupcakes
- Topped with buttercream in your choice of flavours and colours (from our menu)
- And decorated with mini sprinkles.
- Beautifully packaged in our Cupcake Box
Couture Cupcakes are priced from $3.50 each** (Please contact me for a quote)
- Choice of Cupcake and Buttercream flavours
- Decorated with edible Metallics, Glitter, Cupcake Toppers
- Beautifully packaged in our Cupcake Box
Cake Pops (Minimum Order 12)
Cake Pops can really make a statement when they are coordinated to match the rest of your event theme and colours. They are perfect little bites of freshly baked cake, mixed with delicious frosting and covered in a hard chocolate shell in a colour of your choice.
Standard Cake Pops = $40 for 12 (Single colour decorated with sprinkles or web lines)
Couture Cake Pops are priced from $3.85 each** (Please contact me for a quote)
**Prices can vary based on final design and amount of decoration required
0-20km radius – $30
21-40km radius – $50
41-50km radius – $65
51-60km radius – $80
61-70km radius – $100
71-80km radius – $115.00
Cake Transportation and Storage
Transporting the Cake
- Remember that decorations on cakes and icing are fragile so always handle your cake with care.
- It is extremely important that when transporting your cake, it is kept on a flat surface with a non-slip mat underneath.
- Please ensure that the car’s air conditioner is turned on to coolest setting the entire time cake is in transport. The cake should be placed away from direct sunlight as this will fade the colour.
- We recommend putting the boxed cake on the floor or boot of the vehicle. Please Do Not place it on the side passenger or back seat.
- Please drive carefully, no quick stops, quick starts or sharp turns.
- When moving cakes, please ensure you keep them level. Tilting a cake in any manner can cause cakes or decorations to move, topple or break. We cannot be responsible if the cake is damaged in transit in your care. Once a cake has left our premises it is your responsibility to treat the cake with due care and diligence.
- The cake must not have any exposure to sun.
- The Cake should always be placed on a secure flat surface
- Fondant covered cakes can be placed at room temperature and do not require refrigeration.
- Buttercream covered cakes can remain at room temperature for up to 4 hours.
- In extremely hot weather you will need to keep the air-conditioning on at all times
After the event you can store any left over cake in the following manner
- Remove all sugar decorations such as flowers, figures ribbons etc.
- It is best to the cut the cake it into smaller portions, wrap the cake with plastic food wrap and freeze it in a zip lock bag or in an air tight container.
- To thaw, simply remove from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the fridge the next day and remove all wrapping and allow the cake to come to room temperature before consuming.
Storage of Cake Toppers and Decorations
- Decorations are not to be consumed and should be removed prior to serving.
- You can store them in an air tight container, away from sunlight, humidity and heat.
- Over time their colors may fade.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I order my cake?
Please contact me by phone, email or filling in the contact us form. I will be delighted to design a cake for you based on what you would like created or the theme of your party or celebration.
How much do you charge for specialty cakes?
Prices vary depending on size and complexity of the design. Some decorations involve hours and even days of work. Please contact me to discuss and to get a quote for your custom cake design.
Do you deliver your cakes or cupcakes?
I do offer delivery services for a charge depending on the distance.
Your cakes are beautiful, but do they taste good too?
All of my cakes are made fresh to order. I use only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. This is why my cakes not only look beautiful, but they also taste delicious!
What cake flavours & fillings do you have?
Please see our list of flavours here.
Are the numbers & decorations on your cake edible?
Yes the numbers & decorations are edible
How far in advance should I place my order?
My current lead time is 2 weeks, however, I may be able to accommodate short notice orders, depending on possible cancellations, so please be sure to ask! All the cake accents such as sugar flowers and figurines are all hand crafted by me, so please allow plenty of time to create all the little details.
Is a deposit required when placing an order?
A 50% non refundable deposit is required for all orders. Your order is only guaranteed after the deposit has been paid. The balance is payable 24hrs prior to the Event
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, or you can deposit directly into our Bank Account. Please contact us for bank details if needed.
Terms & Conditions
Deposit Required Your order becomes reserved only when this cake contract is drawn up, signed, & 50% (100% in the case the cake is booked less than one week in advance) booking retainer is received. The retainer is paid to reserve your date and is NON-REFUNDABLE in the event of a cancellation. Cakes are first come first serve and I only do a limited number of cakes per week. However, if you need to change dates or move your event, please call me and I’ll be happy to make accommodating arrangements at no charge. Deposits are required at the sole discretion of Pretty n Ash Cakes
I promise to do everything in my power to deliver you a cake that exceeds your expectations. I will work with you on every level to make sure you are completely satisfied and happy with your cake. Please note that colors and design of actual cake may vary slightly from sketch mockup due to the nature of digital and edible components. Pretty n Ash Cakes cannot be held responsible for anything that should happen to the cake once delivery is complete. Please note that direct sunlight and temperatures of 24 degrees and higher may have drastic and adverse effects on any cake.
In the case of an emergency or an error in your cake delivery, please contact me immediately so I can fix the issue right away! If you are unhappy with your cake for any reason, please call me the day of your event and explain the situation. In the rare case that you are unhappy with your cake and would like a refund, you must call the day of your event so your cake can be returned. Without proof that you are indeed unhappy with the product and will not be using it for your event, I will be unable to refund any portion of your payment. This is necessary to hinder the very rare case of “If we complain we’ll get a free cake” issue. I am dedicated to satisfying my client’s cake requirements.
In the event of cancellation: Cakes cancelled prior to the 14 day lockout date can be refunded up to 50% of balance paid. The 50% retainer will not be refunded. Cakes cancelled after the 14 day lockout date will not be refunded. In the event that something occurs to affect your scheduled event date – please contact me to discuss options. Communication is key, if you are up-front about any issues about your date I will work hard to accommodate you. I understand things can come up that are out of your control.
Terms of the Agreement for Return Items
Please return any stands, plates, brooches or other decor to Business name no later than two weeks after your event. A deposit may be required for your rented items and will only be refunded after items have been returned.
The final balance is due 1 week (one month for Weddings) before the event date. If your cake is ordered less than one week before the event date, the total amount is due immediately and your order will not be placed until payment is received. The cake will not be made if final payment has not been received. I am happy to accept payments on the final contract price – however, all monies must be received 1 week (one month for Weddings) prior to the event or your cakes will not be made and all payments made will be non-refundable after the lock-out date unless special arrangements have been made beforehand.
Changes to your cake order: size, description, flavors, etc. will be accepted until 2 weeks prior to the event date. After that lockout date I cannot accept any changes.
Delivery and Set-up
Delivery and setup is required for all wedding cakes and for some multiple tier special occasion cakes. If you want to pick up your cake, please make arrangements beforehand.
Pretty N Ash Cakes cannot guarantee our products will not contain any traces of allergens from our suppliers and therefore accept no liability of damages induced due to allergy.